- Birth Date
- 8 October 1837
- Death Date
- 4 April 1912
John and his three brothers (James, Thomas and Andrew) crossed the Atlantic on the ship Elvira Owen in 1853. While John crossed the plains with the Moses Daley Freight Train, possibly serving as a teamster, his brothers traveled with the Cryus Wheelock pioneer company in the division headed by Captain Picton.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 375.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 849.
- Obituary card catalog: compiled from the Deseret News, Salt Lake Tribune, and Journal History of the Church from their beginning publications until Dec. 31, 1970.
- "Recent Deaths: Drysdale," Deseret Evening News, 15 May 1912, 9; Obituary Card Catalog.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America