- Birth Date
- 10 September 1807
- Death Date
- 26 May 1883
Mary Ann England
Mary Ann Medler
The England family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
Most biographies and family histories about the Daniel England family incorrectly state that they traveled in the Martin handcart company from Iowa City to Florence. This is not supported by the evidence which includes their mention in Joseph Lewis's reminiscence of them being in the Willie company and their travel on the ship Thornton.
Mary and her family dropped out of the Willie company in Florence. She continued on to Utah in 1860 in the Brigham H. Young Freight Company.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Age at Departure: 52
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Lewis, Joseph, Reminiscence, 4, in Jennie S. Crane, Biography of Joseph Lewis, Sr. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 208.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.