- Birth Date
- 15 April 1838
- Death Date
- 12 August 1875
The England family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
Most biographies and family histories about the Daniel England family incorrectly state that they traveled in the Martin handcart company from Iowa City to Florence. This is not supported by the evidence which includes their mention in Joseph Lewis's reminiscence of them being in the Willie company and their travel on the ship Thornton. William and his family dropped out of the Willie company in Florence. He continued on to Utah in 1861 in the Joseph Horne Company.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- 1841 England and Wales Census.
- 1860 Iowa Census
- 1870 Utah Census, Cache County.
- England, Eliza Seamons, "Pioneer sketch," in Daughters of Utah Pioneers (Salt Lake City, Utah), Scrapbooks.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Lewis, Joseph, Reminiscence, 4, in Jennie S. Crane, Biography of Joseph Lewis, Sr. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 208.
- “Pioneer Sketch. Eliza Seamons England,” The Journal, 28 May 1927, p. 7, 9.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.