- Birth Date
- 8 October 1830
- Death Date
Although he does not appear on the 1850 census (taken in 1851), we know that Benjamin traveled to Utah by 1850 because he was mustered into the Utah militia in May 1851. He was rebaptized in the Tenth Ward on 1 February 1852.
At the time of the 1856 Utah Census he was living in the Salt Lake City Tenth Ward with Louisa Hannah Heeds and Joseph Heeds. The nature of the relationships has yet to be determined.
- Age at Departure: 19
- 1856 Utah Census.
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Tenth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.