- Birth Date
- 14 May 1828
- Death Date
- 6 April 1903
Parlane likely came to Utah in 1854, the year he sailed to America. He sailed on the ship John M. Wood. But the first documentation to place him in Utah is the 1856 Territorial census where he appears in Springville. The census was taken early in the year prior to the arrival of that season's emigration. Further research is needed to narrow the year he crossed the plains and to identify the name of the pioneer company with which he traveled. Name is spelled "Parlan" on the PEF ledger.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Early History of Manti," Manti Messenger, 31 August 1928, 1.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 623
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 36.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.