- Birth Date
- 7 November 1842
- Death Date
- 10 June 1924
Ann Long Didsbury
She traveled with the John V. and Eleanor Long family crossing the Atlantic on the ship Windermere in 1854. At the time of the 1856 Utah Territorial census she was living in the Salt Lake 13th Ward. In 1860 she was living in the household of Daniel Rapyelle Allen as a plural wife. She married Henry Willard Brizzee in 1865. In the 1910 Arizona census her surname is spelled "Brazee." She is buried in Mesa, Arizona.
The note that accompanies her Find-A-Grave memorial is mistaken. Handcarts were not used for crossing the plains until the summer of 1856. She was already in Utah when the 1856 Territorial Census was taken in February of this year.
Her death date is confirmed by her Arizona death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 11
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- 1910 Arizona Census.
- 1920 Arizona Census.
- Arizona Death Certificate.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 26.
- Thirteenth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.