- Birth Date
- 25 May 1829
- Death Date
- 28 March 1893
James Clinton Switzler
James came to Utah by 1850. The first documentation to place him in Utah is his marriage in 1850. Further research is needed to determine the year of his travel and the name of the company he came to Utah with.
His birth date is confirmed in Salt Lake City 16th Ward records.
This individual may be the "James A. Switzler" who filed for a lot in Salt Lake City in 1849 as recorded in "List of those filing for lots,' and who sold property 1 November 1852, as recorded in Deed Book A. Further research is needed to confirm this information.
- Age at Departure: 17
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Weber County.
- Find a Grave
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Deed book A, 1850-1859.
- Sixteenth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.