- Birth Date
- 13 December 1826
- Death Date
- 26 June 1910
He sailed to America in 1844 on the ship Fanny.
Thomas initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Milo Andrus Company in 1850. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
His surname is spelled "Stead" on the Milo Andrus roster.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 29
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Farmington Ward manuscript history and historical reports, 1849-1951.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 1.
- Leithead, James, [Journal], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 42:18, 28-35.
- Missionary Database
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Obituary," Deseret News, 2 July 1910, 22.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Thomas Steed, The Life of Thomas Steed from His Own Diary, 1826-1910.