- Birth Date
- 31 October 1829
- Death Date
- 14 March 1918
Mathew William Dalton
His obituary that appears in the Box Elder News confirms his travel to Utah in 1850. Another of his obituaries entitled "Final Tribute to Honored Pioneer" can be seen in the "Memories" section of his entry in FamilySearch.
Mathew decided to go to California at the time of the gold rush, and he joined a company in Council Bluffs that was heading that direction. After arriving in Salt Lake City, he decided to make Utah his home, he joined the LDS church, and was married in December 1850.
- Age at Departure: 20
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census, Box Elder County.
- Dalton, Mathew W., Excerpts from a biography of Mathew W. Dalton, 1918, fd. 1, 1-3.
- "M. W. Dalton Goes to Reward," Box Elder News, 15 March 1918, 1.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.