- Birth Date
- 14 May 1831
- Death Date
- 8 November 1889
Washington Lafayette Jolley
Washington initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Warren Foote Company in 1850 as indicated in the Warren Foote Emigrating Company Journal.
At the end of a mission to Texas, he traveled home as captain of the Washington L. Jolley Company in 1854 as indicated in his journal. He married Emily Knight en route.
At the end of another mission, he traveled home with the David H. Cannon Company in 1861 as indicated by Bartlett Tripp’s Journal.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 23
- Company Captain
- Age at Departure: 30
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Arthur P. Welchman reminiscences and diary, circa 1854-1917, Volume 1, 14-25.
- Bartlett Tripp journal, 1861 May-August, 1-25.
- "Capt. D. H. Cannon's Train," The Mountaineer , 13 July 1861, 162.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Jolley, Sarah Pippen, Reminiscences, 3-4. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Warren Foote Emigrating Company Journal, 1850 June-September.
- Warren Foote autobiography and journals, 1837-1903, vol. 1, 110-26.
- "Washington Lafayette Jolley," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.