- Birth Date
- 7 May 1811
- Death Date
- 24 April 1871
Peter and his children John, Agnes, William, Thomas and Mary sailed to America in 1841 on the ship Rochester.
There were nine people in his family. He served as Captain of Ten (Capt. Wall's Fifty).
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Cache County.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Gilbert Belnap autobiography, 1856.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 15, 16.
- Mary Ann Maughan autobiography, 1894-1898, Autobiography volume 1, 1894 and Autobiography volume 2, 1894.
- Maughan, Mary Ann Weston, [Journal], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 19:202-5.
- Maughan, Peter, [Reminiscences], in Edward W. Tullidge, Tullidge's Histories of Utah , vol. 2, "Biographies (Supplemental Vol.) of the Founders and Representative Men of Northern, Eastern and Western Utah, and Southern Idaho" , 37.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Warren Foote, Autobiography and journal, 1837 May-1879 December, 110-126.
- Warren Foote Emigrating Company Journal, 1850 June-September.