- Birth Date
- 28 October 1817
- Death Date
- 14 February 1913
His birth and death dates are confirmed by his obituary, which says that he came to Utah in 1850. His name is listed as "Louis Gotter" in the 1860 Utah census index, and "Galter" in the 70 Montana census. Lewis sold land in Salt Lake City 4 March 1854, and the family moved to Idaho by 20 September 1865, when a child was born there. Susan Easton Black's book states that they arrive in Utah in 1850, they joined the Reorganized Church while living in Idaho, moved to Montana in 1868, and to Iowa in 1882.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1870 Montana Census
- 1880 Montana Census.
- 1900 Iowa Census.
- Black, Susan Easton, Early Members of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 3:31-32.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- "Gaulter," The Saints' Herald, 26 February 1913, 228.
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Deed book A, 1850-1859.