- Birth Date
- 30 September 1821
- Death Date
- 18 September 1869
William Madison Wall Sr.
William served as a Captain of Fifty and also as the Captain of the 2nd Division. Company records indicate he came with seven people. They were most likely his immediate family members.
His travel to Utah in 1850 is also confirmed by the obituary of his son William.
irth date confirmed by Utah Stake City Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 28 April 1855.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- Autobiography of Mary Manerva Dart Judd, 3, 6-9. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Gilbert Belnap autobiography, 1856.
- James Albert Jones and Dorothy Heidel Mansfield, Some Early Pioneers of Huntington, Utah and Surrounding Area (1980), 78-79.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 15, 16.
- Mary Ann Maughan autobiography, 1894-1898, Autobiography volume 1, 1894 and Autobiography volume 2, 1894.
- Maughan, Mary Ann Weston, [Journal], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 19:202-5.
- Maughan, Peter, [Reminiscences], in Edward W. Tullidge, Tullidge's Histories of Utah , vol. 2, "Biographies (Supplemental Vol.) of the Founders and Representative Men of Northern, Eastern and Western Utah, and Southern Idaho" , 37.
- Missionary Database
- "'Uncle Billy' Wall Basin Pioneer is Take by Death," Vernal Express, 5 March, 1926, 1.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Warren Foote, Autobiography and journal, 1837 May-1879 December, 110-126.
- Warren Foote Emigrating Company Journal, 1850 June-September.