- Birth Date
- 19 December 1842
- Death Date
- 17 December 1920
Mary Jane Allen
- Mary Jane's mother had died and her father sent her to America with her grandparents. They sailed to America in 1849 on the ship Henry Ware, who died while en route to America. The rest of her journey to Utah was with her aunt Ann and Joseph Coates and their family.Mary's name appears with the Coates family in the 1850 and 1860 U.S. Census.Her birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on her gravestone, and her death date is also confirmed by her death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 9
- 1850 Missouri Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 2nd Company of 50 report, 1852 May 29.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 11.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 238.
- "Pioneer Lady Dies at the Age of Eighty-Seven Years," Mt. Pleasant Pyramid, 17 December 1920, 1.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.