- Birth Date
- 16 December 1813
- Death Date
- 16 May 1900
Cyrus traveled with his wife and 6 children to the Salt Lake Valley in the 1850 William Snow/Joseph Young Company, as confirmed by his obituary. He served as a guardsman in that company in 1850. Some secondary sources indicate that he was part of the 1856 rescue effort to assist those stranded on the plains of Wyoming, but additional documentation is needed to confirm that.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- "Cyrus Sanford: Sketch of the Life Work of a Faithful Citizen of Utah," Deseret Evening News, 21 May 1900, 2.
- Cyrus Sanford autobiography, circa 1895, 3.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Finley, Mary Jane Chase, A History of Springville. (Springville, Utah : Art City Publishing, [1989?]), 24-25.
- Luke W. Gallup reminiscences and diary, 1842 May-1891 March, 122-41.
- Sanford, Cyrus, Autobiographical sketch, in Leonette Giles Clark, comp., Sanford Family History , 23.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- William Snow journal, 1832-1833 and 1850, 3-8.