- Birth Date
- 15 February 1793
- Death Date
- 17 November 1889
Captain of Fifty; with 10 people. Although he is listed on a non-contemporary typescript 1848 listing in Journal History (Supp. after 31 Dec. 1848, p. 8), there is strong proof that he traveled to Utah in 1850, not 1848.
- Age at Departure: 57
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- A Short Sketch of the Life of Alonzo Knight, 1-2. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Archibald F. Bennett, Ella M. Bennett, and Barbara Bennett Roach, Valiant in the Faith: Gardner and Sarah Snow and Their Family (Murray: Roylance Publishing, 1990).
- "Biographical Sketch of the Late Gardner Snow," Deseret Evening News , 27 Nov. 1889, .
- Gardner Snow record and account book, 1847-1869, Record, 1850.
- James McBride autobiography, 1874-1876, 52-58.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 14.
- Luke W. Gallup reminiscences and diary, 1842 May-1891 March, 122-41.
- Snow, Gardner, to First Presidency, 28 Aug. 1850, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 31, box 22, fd. 3.
- Snow, Gardner, to To Whom It May Concern, 28 Aug. 1850, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 31, box 22, fd. 3.
- William Snow journal, 1832-1833 and 1850, 3-8.