- Birth Date
- 1 July 1849
- Death Date
- 9 February 1915
Israel Calkins III
The Calkins family (Israel, wife Lavina, and children Helen, Horatio, Indamora, Israel Jr. and Clarissa Caroline) would have traveled to Utah sometime between 1851 and 1852. They are in Iowa at the time of the birth of daughter Caroline Clarissa in 1851. (Caroline's year and place of birth confirmed in the 1900 Idaho census). First documentation to place them in the Valley is the 1852 Bishops' census. Further research is needed to narrow the year of their travel and identify the name of the company they traveled with.
- Age at Departure: Infant
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1900 Idaho Census.
- 1900 South Dakota Census.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- South Dakota, Death Index, 1879-1955.