- Birth Date
- 8 April 1834
- Death Date
- 17 February 1892
William Rice King
The King family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Easton Kelsey Company in 1851. The King family included Thomas Rice and his wife Matilda Robison and their children William Rice, Culbert, John Robison, Thomas Edwin, Delilah Cornelia, Volney, and LeRoy.
The family's travel to Utah is also mentioned in the obituary of Culbert King.
In 1858, William returned from a mission and traveled to Utah with the Eli Whipple company.
- Age at Departure: 17
- Age at Departure: 23
- Returning Missionary
- "A Pioneer Gone," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 18 February 1892, 8.
- Bell, Eli, Diaries, 1854-, vol. 4.
- Find a Grave
- Franklin W. Young autobiography, circa 1915-1917.
- John R. Young, Memoirs of John R. Young: Utah Pioneer, 1847 (1920), 109-14.
- Johnson, Sixtus Ellis, Journal, vol. 3, in Diaries 1854-1857.
- King, William, Autobiography, in Kingston United Order journals 1877-1883, vol. 1.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Patriarch King Dead," Deseret News, 16 Nov. 1909, 16.