- Birth Date
- 18 September 1841
- Death Date
- 26 May 1930
William Van Orden Haight
The Haight family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Daniel Spencer/Ira Eldredge Company in 1847. The Haight family included Hector Caleb and his wife Julia Ann, and their children Mary, Horton, and William. Hector Caleb was a Captain of Ten.
Also traveling in the Daniel Spencer/Ira Eldredge Company was William's Grandfather, Caleb and his wife Sarah Aldridge Martin.
William's uncle Isaac Chauncey, his wife Eliza Ann Snyder, and their children Caroline Eliza and Temperance Keturah also traveled in the company.
William later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 5
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Farmington Man, A Pioneer of 1847, Dies at His Home," Davis County Clipper, 30 May 1930, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 13.
- Kaysville Ward, Manuscript History and Historical Reports, 1851-1934.
- Utah, Early Mormon Missionary Database
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.