- Birth Date
- 16 February 1857
- Death Date
- 17 September 1950
Otto Jensen Thorsted
Otto crossed the Atlantic on the ship Emerald Isle in 1868 with his mother and siblings. His mother died in New York and the siblings split up in two different companies. Otto traveled with Peder, Christian, and Bodil. In the overland company records, they are all found under the surname of Jensen. His obituary confirms that he crossed the plains with an ox team company when he was twelve years old.
- Age at Departure: 11
- "Captain John G Holman, memorandum book, 1868." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains' accounts 1862-1868.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "List of Passengers' Names In Captain J. G. Holman's Ox-Train," Deseret Evening News, 22 September 1868, 4.
- "Otto J. Thorsted," Salt Lake Tribune, 18 September 1950, 10.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.
- "Utah Pioneer Dies at 96 In Residence," Salt Lake Tribune, 19 September 1950, 19.
- "Utah Pioneer Succumbs At Ogden Home," Deseret News, 18 September 1950, A-6.