- Birth Date
- 4 September 1835
- Death Date
- 8 March 1912
William Dewitte Roberts
William initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Harry Walton/Garden Grove Company in 1851.
After attempting to earn some money mining and farming in California, William returned to Utah in the Amasa M. Lyman Company of 1855.
According to the Jensen's Biographical Encyclopedia, William set out in 1859 to find his father, mother, and brothers. He returned to Utah in 1860 with the John Smith Company.
In 1862, William married Maria Julia Lusk in Missouri and then traveled with her back to Utah in an unknown company.
"De Witt" is sometimes spelled "Dewitte."
- Age at Departure: 15
- Age at Departure: 20
- Age at Departure: 24
- Age at Departure: 26
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 21
- "Another Pioneer Answers Last Call," Deseret Evening News, 8 March 1912, 8.
- Crooks, George, [Diary excerpts], in Elna P. Atchison, [Genealogical information on the Crooks family, ca. 1955], 15-16.
- "Death Summons Pioneer at Provo," Salt Lake Tribune, 9 March 1912, 9.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 24 September 1851, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 9.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1860, 46.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files (CR 376 1), 1850-1887.
- Roberts, William D., [Biographical sketch], in Andrew Jenson, comp. Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 1:498-502.
- "The Immigration," Deseret News, 15 August 1860, 189. (Roster)
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Whitney, Orson F., History of Utah, , 4:388.