- Birth Date
- 9 May 1823
- Death Date
- 4 October 1907
William Henry Harrison Walton
Crooks journal indicates he was traveling in a group of 8 people. The missionary register has his birth date as 9 May 1822.
Apparently, William also went by the name of "Harry," and his pioneer company was known as the 1851 Harry Walton/Garden Grove Company. The 24 September 1851 Journal History article specifically says that "The Garden Grove Company of Saints arrived in Salt Lake City in charge of Capt. Harry Walton. An 18 October 1818 article which appeared in the Davis County Clipper 15 days after he passed away in Wyoming, says, "Harry Walton of Auburn, Wyoming, has been very ill and when last heard from was not better." William died in Auburn on 4 October 1907. The inscription on his gravestone in Wyoming does show his name as "William H. Walton," and it confirms his death date.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Critchlow, Benjamin Chamberlain, Reminiscences [ca. 1865], 6-9.
- Critchlow, Benjamin Chamberlin, [Autobiography], in Georgina Bolette Critchlow Bickmore, Charlotte Rhoda Critchlow Ryberg, and Frances Elizabeth Critchlow, ed., Critchlow and Related Families , 101-4.
- Crooks, George, [Diary excerpts], in Elna P. Atchison, [Genealogical information on the Crooks family, ca. 1955], 15-16.
- Find a Grave
- Journal History, 24 September 1851, p. 2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851 7, 11.
- "Local News," Davis County Clipper, 18 October 1907, 7.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Ossian F. Taylor journal, 1851 April-September.