- Birth Date
- 30 October 1795
- Death Date
- 23 July 1876
The Anderson family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the James W. Cummings Company in 1851, as indicated in the Emigrating Company journals. The family consisted of Miles Anderson and Nancy Pace, and their children Nancy Pace, James Pace, Sarah, Mary, Eliza Ann, Martin Huston, and William Rucker. Miles was the Captain of the first Ten, however, on 3 August, he was replaced by James Lowe as Captain for not seeing to his duties properly. The McOlney Branch records confirm that the family traveled to the Valley in 1851.
In 1857, Miles is found in the records of the Amasa M. Lyman/Charles C. Rich Company as "Miles Anderson & Son." That son could have been James, Martin, or William.
- Age at Departure: 55
- Head of Household
- Alfred Cordon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- Amasa M. Lyman, Journal, 1857 April 18-July 2, 1858 January 11-May 7, 1862 December 8-1863 April 15, 1-20.
- Levi Hammon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- McOlney Branch record, 1848-1851.
- Stout, Allen Joseph, Reminiscences and journal, 1845-1889, 35-38.