- Birth Date
- 6 December 1791
- Death Date
- 19 February 1874
John was a watchmaker/clockmaker. He crossed the Atlantic on the ship Henry Ware in 1849 with his wife Elizabeth and two of their children (Esther and Nathaniel). Elizabeth died at St. Louis Missouri 4 July 1849. In the 1850 federal census John and Nathaniel were in Pottawattamie County, Iowa with John's new wife Catherine. Church ordinance records prove that John was in Salt Lake City by 20 Oct. 1851. According to a notice in the Deseret News [Weekly] of 1 May 1852, John married Mary Perrin.
- Age at Departure: 59
- Head of Household
- Alfred Cordon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 25 Feb. 1874, 57.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 2.
- Levi Hammon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- "Married," Deseret News, 1 May 1852, 51.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America