- Birth Date
- 12 January 1827
- Death Date
- 6 May 1906
John Davidson Burt
John and Elizabeth sailed to America in 1848 on the ship Erin's Queen.
The family's surname is spelled "Birt" on the company roster. They traveled with 6 people.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Head of Household
- Alfred Cordon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- "Brigham City: Patriarch John D. Burt," Deseret Evening News , 7 May 1906, 3.
- Burt, John Davidson, [Autobiographical sketch], in Andrew Jenson, comp., Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 2:61.
- Burt, John Davidson, Autobiographical sketch, 3. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Cook, David Simpson, Reminiscence in Ruth P. Tippets, From the wee hoose among the heather . . . to the wee hoose on the Weber: ancestors and descendants of David Simpson and Janet Hunter Cook , , 18-19.
- David K. Stoddard autobiographical sketch, undated.
- Early Missionary Database
- "John D. Burt Dead," Box Elder News, 10 May 1906, 1.
- John D. T. McAllister journals, 1851-1906, Reminiscences, 1851-1853, 6-7.
- John Davidson Burt, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America