- Birth Date
- About 1811
- Death Date
- 8 August 1893
John's surname is spelled Gallop on the pioneer company roster. Company records indicate that he was traveling "with 10 people". L. D. S. Church re-baptism records on 23 November 1851 list his name as John Gallup Jr. He appears in Salt Lake City Public Works records on 2 January 1852; he sold his Utah land in 1854, returning to Iowa that year. He is in the 1856 Iowa census. Later he joined the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. John and Henrietta had a daughter named Polly who was two years old in the 1850 census but does not appear in the 1856 Iowas Census. It is not known if she crossed the plains to Utah.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Head of Household
- 1850 Missouri Census, Buchanan County.
- 1856 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County
- Alfred Cordon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- "Died," The Saints' Herald, 26 August 1893, 547.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 2.
- Levi Hammon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- McAllister, J[ohn] D[aniel] T[hompson], Journals, reel 1, vol. 1, p. 2-3
- "Reminiscences, 1851-1853." In John D. T. McAllister journals 1851-1906. (MS 1257, Reel 1, Box 1, Folder 1), 6-7.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900