- Birth Date
- 4 June 1823
- Death Date
- 14 February 1901
Henry, his wife Amelia and his sister Sarah Ann crossed the Atlantic on the ship Ellen in 1851. Henry initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the James W. Cummings Company of 1851 as Captain of Ten with 3 in his party. His name first appears in the Utah Territorial Militia records on 29 November 1851 at Ogden, Utah. He was living at North Kanyon (Bountiful) at the time of the 1852 Bishop's Report. This is where he paid tithing in 1856. He was one of the rescuers sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist members of the Church who were stranded in Wyoming. He was in Salt Lake City at the time of the 1860 federal census. He is buried in Nephi, Utah.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 33
- 1860 Utah census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Alfred Cordon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- John D. T. McAllister journals, 1851-1906, Reminiscences, 1851-1853, 6-7.
- Jones, Daniel W., Forty Years Among the Indians (1890), p. 62-114.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 2.
- Levi Hammon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- "Nephi," Deseret Evening News, 16 February 1901, 7.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Robert T. Burton diaries, 1856-1907; Record book, circa 1856 October-November.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.