- Birth Date
- 26 June 1833
- Death Date
- 16 January 1922
John Francis Maddison
Maria Maddison and her children sailed to America in 1861 on the ship Ellen Maria, and continued with them across the plains.
The Handcart Veterans Association records indicate that John Maddison was among those who rescued the handcart companies stranded in Wyoming in the winter of 1856.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 23
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Alfred Cordon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 3.
- "Local News," The Journal, 17 January 1922, p. 3.
- McAllister, J[ohn] D[aniel] T[hompson], Journals, reel 1, vol. 1, p. 2-3
- "Reminiscences, 1851-1853." In John D. T. McAllister journals 1851-1906. (MS 1257, Reel 1, Box 1, Folder 1), 6-7.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America