- Birth Date
- 26 June 1833
- Death Date
- 16 January 1922
John Francis Maddison
John F. crossed the Atlantic on the ship Ellen Maria in 1851 with his mother (Maria) and two siblings (Flora and Hubert) and continued across the plains with them. The Handcart Veterans Association records indicate that Maddison was among those who rescued the handcart companies stranded in Wyoming in the winter of 1856.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 23
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Alfred Cordon Emigrating Company journal, 1851 June-September.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 3.
- McAllister, J[ohn] D[aniel] T[hompson], Journals, reel 1, vol. 1, p. 2-3
- "Reminiscences, 1851-1853." In John D. T. McAllister journals 1851-1906. (MS 1257, Reel 1, Box 1, Folder 1), 6-7.
- Utah Death Certificates.