- Birth Date
- 5 May 1839
- Death Date
- 3 March 1888
Charles Edward Baker
His name is listed as C. Edwin Baker on the roster. Charles initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the John Brown Company in 1851, but he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
The family sailed to America in 1851 on the ship George W. Bourne.
- Age at Departure: 12
- Age at Departure: 17
- "Charles Edward Baker," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel Database
- John Brown Emigrating Company journal, 1851 July-September.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 6F.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters" in Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America