- Birth Date
- 20 January 1816
- Death Date
- 12 June 1899
Frederick Kesler Sr.
Although a non-contemporary typescript list in Journal History (Supp. after 31 Dec. 1851, 6A) lists the Kesler family as coming in the 1851 John Brown company, Kesler's autobiography states that he was a captain of the 2nd Ten in Orson Pratt's company. Pratt was a nominal leader in the Cummings company so the Kesler family must have traveled in the Cummings company, not the Brown company.
In the 1859 company, he was appointed as "bishop" or "commissary" of the company.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Age at Departure: 38
- Age at Departure: 43
- Company Captain
- “A Veteran of 1846,” Deseret News [Weekly], 5 June 1897, 794.
- Crane, Alice Davis, “History of Alice Davis Crane,” in Crane Family Genealogical Committee, A History of the Three Wives of James Crane: Alice Davis Crane, Elizabeth Stewart Crane, and Rachel Briggs Crane .
- Crane, James. Journal: Part 2.
- Horace S. Eldredge Emigrating Company journal, 1859 May-September.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1854, 15.
- Kesler, Frederick, Autobiography, in Ned R. Veater, Veater Family History, 1787-1990 , 359.
- Kesler, Frederick, Papers, 1837-1899, reel 1, vol. 2.
- "Latter Day Saints' Immigration," Deseret News, 24 August 1859, 197.
- Pratt, Orson, et. al., to Brigham Young, 8 Aug. 1854, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 54, box 41, fd. 2.
- Pratt, Orson, to Brigham Young, 29 June 1854, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 54, box 41, fd. 2.