- Birth Date
- 18 October 1825
- Death Date
- 6 July 1852
Isaac Newton Wriston
Isaac Newton Clifford
Isaac's grandfather, Elias Clifford, was raised by a stepfather named "Wriston" and as a result Elias adopted this surname. Isaac, a grandson of Elias, enlisted in the Mormon Battalion under the name Wriston and came to Utah as a member of a Mormon Battalion sick detachment. In 1847 he traveled east with the company of returning pioneers. By the time of the 1850 federal census he was again in Utah, in Davis County. He died at Brigham City, Box Elder County but is buried at Hopkinsville, Kentucky.
Rebaptized as "Isaac N. Wriston" on 8 August 1847.
- Age at Departure: 21
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Historian's Office rebaptism records, 1848-1876.
- Journal History, 10 November 1846, p. 4.
- Journal History, 4 October 1847, p. 1.
- Larson, Carl V. comp. A Database of the Mormon Battalion: An Identification of the Original Members of the Mormon Battalion (Salt Lake City: U.S. Mormon Battalion, 1997), 66-67.