- Birth Date
- About 1834
- Death Date
- After 1870
In some sources his given name is shown as "Torrence."
A son, Charles E. McBreen, was born in Utah in 1860, and six months later the family appears on the 1860 California census. They are also in the 1870 California census, but no further information can be found regarding this family.
The 1860 California census shows his age as 26, which would make his birth year about 1834. However, the 1870 California census shows his birth year as about 1832. The exact year of his birth has not been confirmed. Both of the census records show his birth place as Ireland.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Head of Household
- 1860 California Census, Amador County.
- 1870 California Census, Nevada County.
- Chatterly, John, [Autobiography], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 7:72-75.
- Index to Salt Lake County (Utah). Probate Court Civil and Criminal Case Files, 1852-1887.
- John Brown Emigrating Company journal, 1851 July-September.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 6B.