- Birth Date
- 15 February 1814
- Death Date
- 11 July 1877
Preston F. Thomas
Preston initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley, as captain of a company of ten and company clerk, in the John Brown Company in 1851. He traveled with his wife Sarah Ann Jane Morehead and their daughters Martha, Maria, and Jane Morehead.
At the end of a mission, he traveled home with the Preston Thomas Company in 1853 as indicated in Preston Thomas: His Life and Travels.
At the end of another mission, he traveled home with the Preston Thomas Company in 1856 as indicated in William Southwick’s Autobiographical sketch.
He was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 7 October 1851.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Age at Departure: 39
- Company Captain
- Age at Departure: 42
- Company Captain
- "Another Veteran Gone," Deseret News [Weekly], 25 July 1877, 393.
- Arthur P. Welchman reminiscences and diary, circa 1854-1917, Volume 1, 14-25.
- Brown, John, and Preston Thomas, to Thomas Bullock, 19 Sep. 1851, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 31, box 22, fd. 5.
- Derrick, Zachariah Wise, Journal 1851, 2-3.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Elias Smith journals, 1836-1888, Journal, 1851 May-1854 October, 13-35 [images 14-36].
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Gardner, Hamilton. History of Lehi: Including a Biographical Section (Salt Lake City: The Lehi Pioneer Committee, 1913), 426.
- Jane Rio Griffiths Baker diary, 1851 January-1852 March and 1869 September-1880 May, 9-55.
- John Brown Emigrating Company journal, 1851 July-September.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 6B.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Preston Thomas: His Life and Travels by Daniel Hadlon Thomas (1942), 277-312.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Thomas, Daniel Hadlond, Preston Thomas: His Life and Travels, 1942, 417-23.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.