- Birth Date
- 21 March 1801
- Death Date
- 1 February 1875
John Ellison Maxfield
Although there is no primary documentation to prove it, two of his sons (Benjamin and Jesse) may have accompanied the rest of the family to Utah in 1851. Family tradition states that both of them died prior to this journey in July 1850, but there is proof that they were alive after that as their names appear on the Iowa census (taken 14 September 1850) and Cottonwood Ward records.
His travel to Utah is mentioned in his daughter's obituary.
- Age at Departure: 50
- Head of Household
- Sarah Elizabeth Maxfield (Age: 39)
- Richard Dunwell Maxfield (Age: 20)
- Elijah Hiett Maxfield (Age: 18)
- James Appleton Maxfield (Age: 14)
- William Wellner Maxfield (Age: 11)
- John Ellis Maxfield (Age: 9)
- Sarah Elizabeth Maxfield (Age: 7)
- Joseph Smith Maxfield (Age: 4)
- Henry Adheimer Maxfield (Age: Infant)
- 1860 Utah Census.
- "Deaths," Salt Lake Telegram, 25 Oct. 1932, 15.
- "Died," Deseret News, 17 February 1875, 46.
- Find a Grave
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 1.
- “John Maxfield Kin Schedule Reunion,” Salt Lake Telegram, 28 September 1937, 21.