- Birth Date
- October 1821
- Death Date
- 29 May 1861
James and Susannah came to America in 1852 on the ship Ellen Maria. The ship manifest shows their surname as "Bonkett."
The spelling of his surname and his death date are confirmed by his obituary in the Deseret News [Weekly]. His obituary also states that he was 40 years old at the time of his death, which would make his birth year about 1821. The inscription on his gravestone states that at the time of his death he was 39 years and 7 months old, making his birth date October 1821.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- "Arrivals," Deseret News, 21 August 1852, 83.
- Death Records, Salt Lake City, 1848-1890. (MS 9475)
- "Died," Deseret News, 19 June 1861, 128.
- "Died," Mountaineer, 22 June 1861, 151.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 142.
- "List of Persons Sent from Great Britain by the Perpetual Emigrating Fund Co., in the Months of January and February 1852, by Franklin D. Richards Agent at Liverpool," Deseret News, 21 August 1852, 3.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 195.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 3.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America