- Birth Date
- 2 June 1841
- Death Date
- 2 June 1920
The family sailed to America in 1852 on the ship Kennebec.
James initially traveled to the valley in 1852, but later he participated in the effort to rescue the Saints stranded in Wyoming the winter of 1856.
He was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 28 October 1852 while living in the Sixth Ward.
His given name is "Jas" on the 1860 Utah census.
- Age at Departure: 10
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "James Dunn Dies Suddenly at Mammoth." American Fork Citizen, 5 June 1920, p. 3.
- "List of Persons Sent from Great Britain by the Perpetual Emigrating Fund Co., in the Months of January and February 1852, by Franklin D. Richards Agent at Liverpool," Deseret News, 21 August 1852, 3.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Sixth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.