- Birth Date
- 16 September 1808
- Death Date
- 21 November 1888
John, his wife Jane and children John, Ann, Robert, William, Mary, Thomas, Jane and Isabella sailed to America in 1852 on the ship Ellen Maria.
The Wellsville Ward record indicates that the Leishman family (including one daughter-in-law) all traveled in this company together.
- Age at Departure: 43
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Cache County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hannah T. Brower autobiography, circa 1911.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 138.
- "List of Persons Sent from Great Britain by the Perpetual Emigrating Fund Co., in the Months of January and February 1852, by Franklin D. Richards Agent at Liverpool," Deseret News, 21 August 1852, 3.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 310.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 6.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- "Wellsville Ward, Persons Who Emigrated by P.E.F. Belonging to this Ward," Wellsville Ward financial records, 1859-1882, Volume 1:85-90.