- Birth Date
- 28 December 1820
- Death Date
- 6 May 1910
John Murray Murdock
Birth and death dates are confirmed by the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.His travel to Utah is mentioned in his wife's obituary. In some sources his surname is spelled "Murdoch" and "Jno N Murdisck" on the 1860 Utah census.
John, Anne, Elizabeth and James traveled to America on the 1852 ship Kennebec. Elizabeth and James both died before they traveled to Utah. Their daughter Mary was born in Kansas.
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Brockbank, Isaac, Autobiography, in [Stephen W. Brockbank], Isaac Brockbank, Jr., 1837-1927: Autobiography , 9-15.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 137.
- "List of Persons Sent from Great Britain by the Perpetual Emigrating Fund Co., in the Months of January and February 1852, by Franklin D. Richards Agent at Liverpool," Deseret News, 21 August 1852, 3.
- "Mrs. Ann Murdock Passes Away ," The Wasatch Wave, 17 December 1909, p. 3.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 11.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Wilson, James Thomas, "The Life of James Thomas Wilson," , 32-39.