- Birth Date
- 14 March 1825
- Death Date
- 16 December 1885
Company records indicate that Francis came with his wife and one child. His travel to Utah is also mentioned in the obituary of his daughter Mary Elizabeth.
His birth date is confirmed by the missionary register and the death date is confirmed by his burial record.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- "Deaths," Deseret News, 23 December 1885, 784.
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852.
- “Last Rites Set for Mrs. Brown,” Salt Lake Telegram, 28 February 1935, 5.
- "List of Persons Sent from Great Britain by the Perpetual Emigrating Fund Co., in the Months of January and February 1852, by Franklin D. Richards Agent at Liverpool," Deseret News, 21 August 1852, 3.
- "List of Persons Who have received Assistance from the Perpetual Emigrating Fund," Deseret News, 2 February 1854, 3.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.