- Birth Date
- 15 January 1812
- Death Date
- 21 April 1891
John Gilmon Barron Haynes
Church records prove that John Gilmon Barron Haynes reached Utah by 1854. He was rebaptized 7 October 1854 in the Ninth Ward. His surname is spelled "Haymes" on that record.
More research is needed to determine which company he traveled with.
John married Eunice Gleason Fuller on 26 March 1857 in Salt Lake City. Some family sources state he and Eunice were married in St. Louis, but not documentation exists to support that notion. Additionally, John is listed singularly in the Ninth Ward records at the time of his rebaptism. Neither Eunice or her children are listed with him in those ward records. One child, James Albert Fuller, does appear in a set of the Ninth Ward records, however, Eunice and the other children do not appear in those records.
John and Eunice appear together in the Third Ward records that were compiled sometime after 1875. This record shows they were rebaptized, again, on 19 November 1875. This record confirms John's death date as 21 April 1891.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- "Obituary," Deseret Evening News, 21 April 1891, 8.
- Rebaptisms in Great Salt Lake Valley: 1847-1854, 1858-1863 [Index].
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.