- Birth Date
- 21 April 1824
- Death Date
- 3 June 1898
Son of Thomas and Mary Gustin. Amos was born in Adams county, Ohio. Because his father passed away in 1849, Amos was labeled as the head of household for the Gustin family on the 1850 Utah census. At some point, he went back to the States because he is seen crossing the plains again in 1856 with the Canute Peterson Company.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Age at Departure: 32
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1860 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 September 1856, 7.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 9.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Sessions, Patty Bartlett, Diaries and account book, 1846-1866; 1880, vol. 1.