- Birth Date
- 1 September 1811
- Death Date
- 29 June 1888
John Halmagh Van Wagoner
He traveled with 4 males and 3 females. His surname was spelled "Van Waggoner" on the roster. His obituary mistakenly placed him in the McGaw company, but the contemporary Deseret News roster lists him in the Wood company.Birth date confirmed by Utah Stake City Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 1 September 1855.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- "6th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 90.
- "Death of John H. Van Wagener," Provo Daily Enquirer , 3 July 1888, 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 36.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Provo Utah Central Stake general minutes, 1849-1977, Volume 9, 1849-1858, 1866-1872 (Utah Stake City Branch record of members).
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.