- Birth Date
- 6 July 1799
- Death Date
- 6 March 1871
David initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley as Captain of the David Wood Company in 1852. He traveled with 3 males and 2 females in his own party.
He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 52
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 57
- 1860 Utah Census.
- "6th Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Jefferds, Oren, Reminiscences and diary, 1856-1864, 49-50.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 34.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters" in Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).