- Birth Date
- 8 April 1808
- Death Date
- 10 April 1860
John Lowe Butler
His given name is "J.F." on Deseret News roster; he served as the blacksmith for the company. His travel to Utah is mentioned in a newspaper article regarding his daughter, Lucy.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- Caroline Farozine Butler (Age: 40)
- Kenion Taylor Butler (Age: 20)
- Charity Artemesia Butler (Age: 17)
- Keziah Jane Butler (Age: 16)
- Phoebe Melinda Butler (Age: 13)
- Caroline Elizabeth Butler (Age: 12)
- Sarah Adeline Butler (Age: 11)
- John Lowe Butler Jr. (Age: 8)
- James Butler (Age: 5)
- Lucy Ann Butler (Age: 3)
- Thomas Butler (Age: 1)
- "19th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- Butler, John Lowe, "Autobiography of John Lowe Butler, 1808-1861 [sic.]," , 40-43.
- Early Missionary Database
- Hansen, Hans F., Reminiscence and diary 1855-1909, fd. 2, 1.
- "Lost Utah Woman Sought by Posse. 83-Year-Old Pioneer Wanders From Auto As Young Folk Hike," Salt Lake Telegram , 28 July 1930, 1.
- Our Pioneer Heritage , 20 vols. [1958-77], 16:235.
- Stevens, Augusta Dorius, Autobiography of Our Dear Grandmother Mrs. Augusta Stevens, 3-5. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.