- Birth Date
- 26 March 1824
- Death Date
- 9 August 1881
William Wallace Raymond
William initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Harmon Cutler Company in 1852 with his wife, Almira Cutler. On 12 July, his son, Spencer Vanness Raymond was born en route, according to Ruth Page Rogers journal. Ruth was traveling in the company with her brothers and William hired her to do the washing and help his wife, who was pregnant at the time.
In 1866, William traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Thomas E. Ricks Company, as indicated in Ann Gregory Marriott’s journal.
In 1866, he was a returning missionary from England.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 42
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- Ann G. Marriott diary, 1866 April-September, 17-32.
- "Died," Deseret News, 24 August 1881, 480.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 July 1864, 1.
- "List of Names in Incoming Passenger Trains," Deseret News, 16 August 1866, 1.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Presiding Bishopric immigrant location committee minutes, 1852 September 20-October 13.
- Ruth P. Rogers autobiography and journals, 1850-1907.