- Birth Date
- 9 November 1816
- Death Date
- 11 June 1895
Charles emigrated to the United States sometime before 1850. More research is needed to determine exactly when traveled. He initially came to the Salt Lake Valley as a Captain of the 3rd Ten in the Henry Bryant Manning Jolley Company in 1852. He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
The roster indicates that his traveling group consisted of 2 Males and 2 Females.
Obituary lists his death date as June 11, 1895.
- Age at Departure: 35
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 39
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- "7th Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 September 1852, 2.
- 7th Company of 50 report, 1852 June 15, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 43.
- Macedonia Branch, Iowa, Record 1847-1852, fd. 2.
- "Obituary Notes," Deseret News, 29 Jun. 1895, 64
- Silas Richards reminiscences and journal, circa 1849-1871, 14-15.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.