- Birth Date
- 17 December 1798
- Death Date
- 19 February 1877
With 5 males, 2 females; Captain of the Fifth Ten (this information is from the original hand written roster of the Jolly Company (1852) but it is mistakenly attributed to "A. Winn." Who was A. Winn? In the Mill Iowa Branch records A. Winn (b. 1802) is listed as father of Alma Winn (b. 1836); Alma's mother is Nancy. In the 1850 Iowa census "Minor" and Nancy Winn are the parents of Alma. A second roster of the Jolly Company lists both Minor and Alma Winn. Minor's obituary says he "crossed the plains in 1852."
- Age at Departure: 53
- 1850 Iowa Census
- 7th Company of 50 report, 1852 June 15, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 19 Feb. 1877, 51.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George M. Brown journal, 1863-1870, 8-13.
- Macedonia Branch, Iowa, Record 1847-1852, fd. 2.
- Watt, Ron, Iowa Branch Index, 1839-1859.