- Birth Date
- 17 February 1838
- Death Date
- 20 March 1916
Joseph Minet Bright
His father died in Iowa before the company departed in 1852. As the oldest son, he was listed in all the company records as head of household. He was traveling with his mother, grandmother, and younger siblings.
His travel to Utah is also confirmed by the obituary of his brother, Gilbert.
His biographical sketch confirms his birth date and also indicates that he served as a teamster in Joseph Horne's 1861 out-and-back company.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Age at Departure: 23
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- "9th Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 9th Company of 50 report, 1852, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Isaac M. Stewart Emigrating Company, Journal.
- Joseph Minet Bright, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 57.
- "Richmond," The Journal, 6 February 1917, p. 4.