- Birth Date
- 25 July 1810
- Death Date
- 26 April 1886
David Leonard Savage
The Savages initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Daniel Spencer/Perrigrine Sessions Company in 1847. The Savage family included David, a daughter from his first marriage, Amanda Polly, his wife Mary Abigail White and their daughter Mary Theodocia.
Then, in 1857, he traveled with the Amasa M. Lyman/Charles C. Rich Company.
As an out-and-back teamster, he traveled across the plains in 1860. Further research is needed to determine which company he specifically traveled with.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 46
- Age at Departure: 49
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- Hammond, Francis Asbury, Journal, vol. 8, in Journals 1852-1857; 1864-1867; 1883-1893.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 21 June 1847, 9.
- Lyman, Amasa Mason, Diary, reel 1, vol. 16, 1-20, in Amasa Mason Lyman, Collection 1832-1877.
- Nauvoo Seventies List
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)
- Savage, David, Autobiographical sketch, in Kingston United Order journals, 1877-1883, vol. 1.
- Savage, David, Autobiographical sketch, in Kingston United Order journals 1877-1883, vol. 1.