- Birth Date
- 25 July 1810
- Death Date
- 26 April 1886
David Leonard Savage
The Savages initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Daniel Spencer/Perrigrine Sessions Company in 1847. The Savage family included David, a daughter from his first marriage, Amanda Polly, his wife Mary Abigail White and their daughter Mary Theodocia.
Then, in 1857, he traveled with the Amasa M. Lyman/Charles C. Rich Company.
As an out-and-back teamster, he traveled across the plains in 1860. Further research is needed to determine which company he specifically traveled with.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 46
- Age at Departure: 49
- Amasa M. Lyman, Journal, 1857 April 18-July 2, 1858 January 11-May 7, 1862 December 8-1863 April 15, 1-20.
- Find a Grave
- Francis A. Hammond journals, 1856 February-1857 June.
- George Benjamin Wallace Emigrating Company journal, 1847 June-September.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 21 June 1847, 9.
- Nauvoo Seventies List
- Savage, David, Autobiographical sketch, in Kingston United Order journals, 1877-1883, vol. 1.
- Savage, David, Autobiographical sketch, in Kingston United Order journals 1877-1883, vol. 1.