- Birth Date
- 16 December 1836
- Death Date
- 12 January 1913
John Clark Dowdle
John initially emigrated to the Valley in 1852, but several years later, he worked as a teamster for an out and back company in 1866, assisting pioneers to make the trip across the plains. He also captained an out-and-back company in 1868.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Age at Departure: 29
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- Age at Departure: 31
- Company Captain
- Dowdle, John Clark, Autobiography and diaries [ca. 1884-1908], fd. 1, 25-30.
- Dowdle, John Clark, Autobiography and diaries [ca. 1884-1908], vol. 1, 1-3.
- James Chauncy Snow Emigrating Company journal, 1852 July-October.
- John C. Dowdle autobiography and diaries, circa 1884-1908, 18-22.
- John Clark Dowdle autobiography and journal inCache Valley historical material, circa 1955. Reel 2, Item 17, 18-22.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 117A.
- "Pioneer Had Eventful Life," The Journal, 16 January 1913, p. 1.
- Toombs, Joseph Moroni, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 28:165-67.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah Pioneer Biographies, vol. 28, 165.